Pets make our lives better in so many ways. they create a fun, happy environment, encourage interactions among people, and get us up for regular exercise breaks.
Pets are also a responsibility, and the opportunity to have them at our Apartments is a privilege all Pet Parents must respect. To take part in our Per Friendly environment, Pet Parents must agree to honour this Barkly Suites pet policy.
- This Barkly Suites pet policy applies to Pet Parents who make the booking, we do not allow visitors of our guests to bring pets to our Apartments.
- This policy applies to Barkly Suites Apartments 79 Hopetoun Road Rutherglen, VIC location, and participating pets are allowed any time their owner books to stay with us under the terms and conditions of this policy.
- The focus of our policy is dogs. Other pets are not included at this time. Please contact us if you would like to explore adding other pet types to the Barkly Suites pet policy.
To participate, pets must be:
- At least 3 months old.
- Up to date on vaccinations required by state law.
- Free of any communicable infections or any parasites such as fleas.
- Clean and well groomed.
- Obedient, well-socialized and with no history of biting, excessive barking, chasing or aggressive behaviour.
- Microchipped, to help locate and return them in case they would run away while visiting.
- Covered under their owner’s homeowners/pet insurance policy, which must cover dog bites.
Pet Parent Responsibilities
To comply with our Barkly Suites pet policy, pet parents who want to bring their pets to the Apartments must agree to:
- Refrain from allowing their pets on the beds in the Apartments the pet parent must bring their own pet beds.
- Be 100% responsible for their pet’s behaviour, well-being, hygiene and happiness the entire time he or she is visiting.
- Be respectful of other Guests, and their pets, to ensure everyone can enjoy their stay.
- Manage the space to ensure it is “pet-proofed” and safe for their visiting pet.
- Keep their pet with them and controlled throughout the day. Or, make alternate arrangements for the pet if they need to step away.
- Ensure that their pet’s behaviour does not interfere with other Guests comfort during their stay.
- Provide their own pet items to ensure pet safety, such as leashes, beds or gates to keep the pet securely close to them.
- Provide their own pet wellness items, such as waste bags, toys, food and water bowls.
- Provide adequate bathroom breaks, access to water and food, and exercise throughout the day.
- Clean up after their pet immediately if any accidents occur.
- Maintain homeowners/Pet insurance that covers dog bites.
- Be legally and financially responsible for any damage caused by their pet to the Apartments.
- Provide annual proof of vaccination and health for their visiting pets.
- Keep pets out of pet-free areas.
Take their pet home or agree to locate their pet to alternate pet care away from Barkly Suites Apartments at any time if the pet’s behaviour or health makes it a distraction, nuisance or danger to anyone else, or if asked to do so by Management.